The Symposium of Probability and Stochastic Processes is organized typically every two years in Mexico, although the one expected in 2010 has been delayed to 2013 since the Mexican community of researchers working in this area has been deeply involved in the development of the 35th Conference on Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Oaxaca, Mexico 2011.
Usually the program consists of two courses given by leading specialists, plenary talks, special, contributed and poster sessions. In the last two Symposia, we had the opportunity of having courses given by Amaury Lambert, Jean Francois Le Gall, Zhan Shi, and Monique Jeanblanc. For further details about the programs of these events see the web pages,
This year, the Symposium will be held at CIMAT (Centro de Investigación en Matemáticas, A.C.) Guanajuato, Gto. on November 18 -22, 2013, and it will be part of the activities organized in Mexico to celebrate the International Year of Statistics. So, the program will include topics from the interface between statistics and stochastic processes.
Probabilistic aspects of minimal spanning trees
By Louigi Addario-Berry, McGill University
Spatial point pattern analysis. Theory and methods
By Carlos Diaz-Avalos, IIMAS, UNAM
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Loïc Chaumont (University of Angers)
- Janos Englander (Univeristy of Colorado, Boulder)
- Daniel Hernández-Hernández (CIMAT)
- J. Enrique Figueroa López (Purdue University)
- Mark Podolskij (Heidelberg University)
- Andreas E. Kyprianou (Universy of Bath)
Special session organizers:
- Applied Probability, Organizer: Mogens Bladt (IIMAS, UNAM)
- Lévy processes and applications. Organizer: Loïc Chaumont (University of Angers)
- Stochastic control and applications. Organizer: Daniel Hernández-Hernández (CIMAT)
- Probability and analysis. Organizer: José Alfredo López Mimbela (CIMAT)
- Statistical Inference for Stochastic Processes. Organizer: J. Enrique Figueroa-López (Purdue University)
- Long-time convergence rates for Markov processes: probabilistic and functional methods. Organizer: Joaquín Fontbona (Center for Mathematical Modelling-Universidad de Chile)
- Stochastic processes for frequency models. Organizer: Matteo Ruggiero (University of Torino)
- Branching structures. Organizer: Arno Siri-Jegousse (CIMAT)
All those interested are cordially invited to attend the courses, lectures and contributed talks of the symposium. We cordially invite the community to participate in this event in any of the following ways:
- Organize thematic sessions each consisting of two hours.
- Give a contributed talk of 25 min.
- Present a poster.
Young students are particularly invited to participate in the different activities of the symposium.
Deadline for submitting a contributed talk or a poster will be September 30, 2013.
Please feel free to contact us in case you wish to organize a special session by sending us a proposal to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Proceedings of the Symposium will be edited like in the previous events. See for instance the volumes of the last two proceedings of the Symposia
X SYMPOSIUM ON PROBABILITY AND STOCHASTIC PROCESSES AND FIRST JOINT METTING FRANCE MEXICO OF PROBABILITY. ESAIM ProceedingsVol. 31 (2011). María Emilia Caballero, Loïc Chaumont, Daniel Hernández-Hernández and Víctor Rivero
IX SYMPOSIUM ON PROBABILITY AND STOCHASTIC PROCESSES, STOCHASTIC MODELS. Ma. Emilia Caballero, Víctor Rivero and Juan Ruiz de Chávez.Stochastic Models, Vol. 24, Suplemento 1, (2008).
We invite the participants to submit research articles which will undergo rigorous peer review based on initial editor screening and anonymous refereeing by independent expert referees.
We sincerely hope that the symposium is of your interest and we will be happy meeting you there.
There is a limited number of accomodation grants reserved for postgraduate students. The dead line for applications is October 15, 2013
Ramses Mena Chávez (IIMAS)
Juan Carlos Pardo (CIMAT)
Víctor Rivero, (CIMAT)
Gerónimo Uribe Bravo (IMUNAM)
Please contact Rosy Dávalos